On 2016-12-29 08:47-0000 p.d.rosenb...@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi Alan

> I'm not sure if that [test_x00c_wxPLViewer, etc. targets] would
work. If I execute (I.e. Run or debug) that project, would it run the
example?

Hi Phil:

If the custom target has no associated COMMAND, what should happen is
instead of clicking on the all button to rebuild everything, you would
be clicking on the test_x00c_wxPLViewer, etc., buttons to rebuild just
the subset of the project that you need. In other words, that should
completely satisfy the limited rebuild need you expressed.

However, there is a bigger possibility here as well which is to use
COMMAND see
<https://cmake.org/cmake/help/latest/command/add_custom_target.html>
to actually execute the example appropriately after the rebuilds when
you click on test_x00c_wxPLViewer, etc.  I can guarantee this approach
(building all prerequisites then running the appropriate C standard
example using -dev wxwidgets) will work on the command line with Unix
shell and make when you build one of the test_x00c_wxPLViewer, etc.
targets, and I am virtually positive it will also work with Windows
CMD and nmake as well. But we don't really know whether that bigger
possibility would work with your particular IDE until we try it. So
after the release when we both will have more time for this, we should
do some joint experiments both with nmake and your IDE to figure out
what is most useful to you and other Windows developers/testers.