Hi Alan
I agree it would be good to look at this pre release. It's on my to do list for
asap.

Sent from my Windows 10 phone

From: Alan W. Irwin
Sent: 04 January 2017 20:37
To: Phil Rosenberg; Pedro Vicente; Laurent Berger; PLplot development list
Subject: Re: [Plplot-devel] legend and label using wxWidgets

On 2016-12-28 23:19+0100 Laurent Berger wrote:

> wxwidgets commit 0bf38e1 x04 y axis label is good
> (https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets/commit/0bf38e11a33005e289e30c8bc7c67563eae061be)
>
> wxwidgets commit 49000def x04 y axis label is false
> (https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets/commit/49000defcfb11b409d8935126981b14169ee62a3)

Hi Phil:

Assuming (subject to Pedro's further extensive testing) that you have
found a good fix for that bug he had discovered, then the only
remaining potentially release critical issue for the wxwidgets-related
components of PLplot is the issue discovered by Laurent above.

So to learn more about what Laurent reported above,
I described those two commits as follows:

software@raven> git clone https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets.git
wxwidgets.git
software@raven> cd wxwidgets.git
software@raven> git branch
* master
software@raven> git describe 0bf38e1
v3.1.0-620-g0bf38e1
software@raven> git describe 49000def
v3.1.0-621-g49000de

So it is clear from these results that Laurent already bisected this
issue with the 621st commit beyond the last official release (3.1.0)
of wxwidgets showing the issue for the first time.  And since this is
an issue that will not affect any user of an official wxwidgets
release at this time, that gives us a good excuse to do nothing at
this time if the potential fix is going to be intrusive.

Of course, this issue will affect our users as soon as the next
wxwidgets official release is out so it would be nice at this time for
you to (a) confirm the above results for 0bf38e1 and 49000def from
Laurent and figure out what the issue is.  If it turns out to be a
wxwidgets regression introduced for 49000def it would be good for you
to draw this quickly to the attention of the wxwidgets developers so
they can fix that regression before their next official release to
avoid making life difficult for PLplot wxwidgets users.  But if it
turns out to be our problem, then please prepare the fix and use your
best judgement (depending on, e.g., whether the fix is more or less
intrusive than the fix you just made) whether to push it now or wait
until after the release.