On 2017-01-04 20:08-0500 Pedro Vicente wrote:

> I tried on my linux 16.04, same results as CentOS (I don'have the 14.04 and
> debian anymore)

To Phil and Pedro:

@Pedro:
It appears you are completely satisfied with this fix on the two Linux
platforms where you have tested it.  Those tests are much appreciated,
and based on good results now for 4 Linux platforms (two from you and
one each from Phil and I) the conclusion appears to be all is well
with this fix for the extremely tricky event-timing bug you discovered
on some Linux platforms/hardware.

@ Phil:
My understanding is you have made some text orientation changes that
continue to work now for you with older wxwidgets, and which you
anticipate (but have not tested) will work for the latest git version
of wxwidgets as well.  And you are still working on an additional
background colour fix (that we might or might not push for this
release depending on how intrusive that fix turns out to be).  Do you
have an ETA for when we will be able to make that decision, i.e., when
we can finalize the wxwidgets code changes for this release?

@ Both:
Once that finalization occurs, we (Phil, Pedro, and I) should
thoroughly test the wxwidgets components of PLplot again on all
accessible platforms, and after that I expect it will take several
days longer for me to finish my large documentation update (and I am
hoping Phil will contribute to that update as well for anything
related to wxwidgets).  So I think we are looking at a release date of
roughly one week after the wxwidgets code changes are finalized, e.g.,
late next week if that finalization happens soon.