On 2017-06-20 06:37-0000 Arjen Markus wrote:

Hi everyone,

I made a small adjustment to the FindwxWidgets.cmake file so that it would
properly recognise the installation of wxWidgets under MinGW-w64/MSYS2. CMake
was happy with it, but when I tried building PLplot, I got a compiler error:

Scanning dependencies of target wxwidgets

[ 18%] Building CXX object drivers/CMakeFiles/wxwidgets.dir/wxwidgets.cpp.obj

In file included from D:/plplot-svn/plplot-git/drivers/wxwidgets.h:28:0,

                from D:/plplot-svn/plplot-git/drivers/wxwidgets.cpp:41:

D:/plplot-svn/plplot-git/drivers/wxwidgets_comms.h: In member function 'void
PLMemoryMap::initializeSemaphoresToValid(const char*)':

D:/plplot-svn/plplot-git/drivers/wxwidgets_comms.h:219:64: error:
'm_threeSemaphores' was not declared in this scope

    void initializeSemaphoresToValid( const char *baseName ) {
m_threeSemaphores.initializeToValid( baseName ); }

                                                               ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

make[2]: *** [drivers/CMakeFiles/wxwidgets.dir/build.make:64:
drivers/CMakeFiles/wxwidgets.dir/wxwidgets.cpp.obj] Error 1

make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:3396: drivers/CMakeFiles/wxwidgets.dir/all]
Error 2

make: *** [Makefile:161: all] Error 2

Can anyone shed some light on this problem? I am not at all familiar with the
code.

In general, many small focussed commits (each with a good commit message) are
better than one massive commit.  So please go ahead and commit your
change to cmake/modules/FindwxWidgets.cmake immediately.  Is there also
a Tcl change you are holding back from committing?  If so, please
make a separate commit for that as well.

To answer your question, anything to do with three semaphores involves
my "new" wxwidgets IPC code that I finished several months ago.  That
code works well on Linux, but my request to Phil to test that code on
Windows at that time must have gotten lost in his e-mail stack for
PLplot. So thanks very much for this first Windows test of my code!

From the error message above, something is obviously wrong with the
build for that case, but it likely is something very simple (e.g.,
likely a missing #ifdef WIN32 section inside an existing #ifdef
PL_WXWIDGETS_IPC3 section in drivers/wxwidgets_comms.h) that I forgot
to do with those three-semaphore changes for the Windows case.  So if
you don't beat me to a solution, I will take a look at finding this
Windows build fix for wxwidgets starting ~8 hours or so from now after
I get some sleep.

Best wishes,