On 2017-09-19 19:36+0200 Laurent Berger wrote:

Hi Alan,

About lplot-devel posting issues : new subscribe solved problem

To install plplot I use install project (with admin right) to install plplot in C:\Program Files\plplot. A copy of my plplot folder is perso.univ-lemans.fr/~berger/Afsd56/plplot

[...]
But you need to give more details (i.e., the CMake logic you used to
determine the values of ${PLplot_INCLUDE_DIR} and ${PLplot_LIBS}, and
the actual locations on your disk for the PLplot headers and
libraries) before we can help you determine _why_ those variables are
empty.

I don't understand.

Hi Laurant,

From what you have said, my understanding is you have already built
and installed PLplot, and now you want to use the PLplot installed
headers and libraries in your own software project that you are
configuring with CMake.

PLplot solves a similar problem when it creates a CMake-based build
system for our installed examples that uses the PLplot headers
and libraries to build those examples.

So you should be adapting our logic (see
examples/CMakeLists.txt starting at

else(CORE_BUILD)

) for your own needs.  For example, following our logic, your project should
set CMAKE_MODULE_PATH to get access
to the installed PLplot locations .../cmake/modules and
.../cmake/modules/language_support/cmake so that the commands

include(plplot_configure)
find_package(plplot)

work correctly to import everything you need to know about the
PLplot installation into your own project.

Of course, in the future it would be helpful to users with your needs
if one of the PLplot developers developed a simple tutorial example of
a project that builds software that uses the PLplot headers and
libraries.  But nobody has created such a tutorial example yet so all
we have for you at the present time is to suggest you adapt our own
logic as above to satisfy your own needs.