On 2018-09-21 18:38+0200 Laurent Berger wrote:

Hi,

I have just done a git clone : (Date:   Thu Sep 20 22:36:48 2018 -0700
) commit caf4801dfef32207b74f5374eff52bf2a4c24e3d

and delete cmakecache.txt and I I'm trying to build plplot in static

BUILD_SHARED_LIBS:BOOL=OFF

and ENABLE_DYNDRIVERS:BOOL=OFF

and I have got 59 errors compiling wxwidgets_dev.cpp.

In git repo I can find this file https://github.com/PLplot/PLplot/blob/14ecc4bd943caa40a830e0da066ff7a220b9d5e8/drivers/wxwidgets.cpp

I copy https://github.com/PLplot/PLplot/blob/14ecc4bd943caa40a830e0da066ff7a220b9d5e8/drivers/wxwidgets.cpp#L28-L36 and insert those lines here https://github.com/PLplot/PLplot/blob/master/drivers/wxwidgets_dev.cpp#L41

I can compile and link plplot.

Hi Laurent:

Thanks for your test of my recent PLplot development activity.

I have looked at commits 14ecc4bd94 (= plplot-5.13.0-59-g14ecc4bd9)
and caf4801dfe (current master tip), and your description of the
required change appears to correspond to copying some wxwidgets includes from
one part of the old commit (or alternatively the latest commit since
those lines haven't changed) to just after

#include "wxwidgets.h"

As far as I can tell such a copy of includes should have zero effect
so it appears either I misunderstood the change you described above or
else the github repo for PLplot is not properly up to date with the
definitive SourceForge repo.  So to remove this uncertainty please
give us the results of

git diff

to describe the definitive version of the change to the master tip of
PLplot that works for you (i.e., allows a static build of PLplot to
compile and link for your VS2017 platform).

By the way, a comprehensive test of PLplot has recently (one commit
behind master tip) worked perfectly here on Linux (Debian Buster).
Such comprehensive tests include not only building a static wxwidgets
device but run-time testing it as well.  Also that last commit on the
master branch is a minor one involving how to control the Lua version
that is searched for and is therefore extremely unlikely to introduce
wxwidgets issues.  Therefore, I cannot replicate your issue on Linux
so someone with access to recent Windows platforms will have to
attempt that instead.