On 2018-09-25 22:05+0200 Laurent Berger wrote:

Hi,

I want to use plplot in my own project using cmake and I miss something. my cmakelists.txt is see below and it works. But in include_directories cmake command I must write :

include_directories(${plplot_DIR}/../../../include) and it is really weird. what's variable name for include ?

[...]

CMakeLists.txt

[...]
find_package(plplot)
[...]
ADD_EXECUTABLE (${NomProjet} ${Projet_SRCS} )
[...]
if (plplot_FOUND)

    include_directories(${plplot_DIR}/../../../include)
    target_link_libraries( ${NomProjet} PUBLIC PLPLOT::plplotwxwidgets)
else (plplot_FOUND)
message( " PROBLEME" )
endif(plplot_FOUND)

Hi Laurent:

I have reviewed the redacted version above, and all seems well.  For
example, our installed examples are similarly built against the
installed version of PLplot, and what you have implemented above
follows that same method.  For example, you can see
"find_package(plplot)" (in the non-CORE_BUILD part of
examples/CMakeLists.txt), and a combination of add_executable,
include_directories (which refers to the installed location of PLplot
for the non-CORE_BUILD case just like you apparently have
implemented), and target_link_libraries in examples/c/CMakeLists.txt.

However, you were right to question that include_directories command
which is necessary now, but should not be necessary in future once I
set up the export of PLplot to handle compile options properly.  But
that implementation is a little tricky so although it is on my ToDo
list now, I am going to put it off until after the 5.14.0 release that
is coming soon.