On 2018-11-23 12:11-0000 Allen, Anthony J wrote:

Alan,

just to confirm, QSAS does not use your colour bar code, nor does it
use label_box_custom(). Alban wrote his own colour bar using plbox().

This means any change we made to label_box_custom is historical and nugatory,
and only the
changes to plbox() are relevant ( the else{  } ).

In fact we do not include pllegend.c in our version of plplot at all, which is
why I did
not see label_box_custom() being called.

Hi Tony:

Of course, upstream does use both label_box and label_box_custom.  So
from that upstream perspective, I believe the plan should be to (1)
implement the test case I suggested (a simple example that plots both
a box and a color bar where both require exponential labels with
different custom locations for each); and (2) assuming that simple
example demonstrates the bug you discovered, then fix the bug in a
consistent way for both label_box and label_box_custom.

I have put this plan on my ToDo list and will keep you informed of my
progress once I start working on this topic (likely early in 2019).
However, if you decide to work along the lines of that upstream
plan yourself before I can get to it, please keep me informed of your
progress as well.