Hi Arjen:

I have just (the series of commits leading up to f7bedc70a) pushed a
much-needed documentation update for
<https://sourceforge.net/p/plplot/wiki/Testing_PLplot> where the test
reports (so far not updated) have been separated out into their own
wiki area <https://sourceforge.net/p/plplot/wiki/Testing_Reports>.

Since you also use our test system a lot, I would appreciate your
critical review of this updated documentation.  As my next step, I
intend to update the Testing_Reports page with results from your
recent good comprehensive tests on your Cygwin and MinGW-w64/MSYS2
platforms and my own recent good comprehensive tests on my Linux
(Debian Buster) platform.

N.B. I seriously do not like the really weird markdown editor that is
available at SourceForge for our wiki pages.  As far as I am concerned
that GUI editor is mostly good for the extremely old-fashioned version
(with ctrl-c, ctrl-v, and delete) of cut and paste and that is about
it.  And I am also not happy with the SF methods to allow us to only
backup those markdown files in non-standard JSON format that no JSON
converter can convert back to markdown!  Therefore, as part of the
preliminaries to updating Testing_PLplot, I have put all the markdown
source for our SF wiki pages under git control in the PLplot source
tree.  So from now on, updating a wiki page such as Testing_PLplot
means you should edit the definitive markdown source for that wiki
page in our source tree (at doc/wiki_source/Testing_PLplot for this
particular example) using your favorite editor, check the results by
cutting and pasting those changes to the wiki edit GUI (available at
<https://sourceforge.net/p/plplot/wiki/Testing_PLplot/> for this
particular example), exit that SF GUI editor (which allows you to view
the revised SF wiki entry generated by that GUI edit session), and if
happy with that result, git commit the updated markdown file in our
source tree.  Or if you really like that GUI editor you can use it
to edit our wiki at SF so long as you remember to cut and paste
(that revised result directly from that GUI editor (not the SF page that
links to that editor!) to the appropriate file in doc/wiki_source in
our source tree and git commit that revised result.