Hi Alan,

"Alan W. Irwin" <alan.w.irwin1...@gmail.com> writes:
> A comprehensive test and some additional specific tests of my fix for the
> release critical bug went well, and as a result I have now released
> 5.14.0.  See my forthcoming post to plplot-general for the details
> concerning that release.

thank you very much for preparing the new release! And congratulations
for the success!

I am now preparing the Debian package, and for there, I have a few
questions:

* the soname (ABI version) of libplplot changed to 16, right? Any other
  soname changes?

* Is it now possible to build for more than one Python version? In
  Debian, we would need to build it for all available Python 3 versions
  (Python 3.6 and 3.7 in the moment), it would be nice if that would be
  supported directly. Same is for the pyqt5 driver.

* Given that Python 2 will die in 16 months, do you object when removing
  the Python 2 (python-plplot and python-plplot-qt) packages? Supporting
  Python 2 and Python 3 in the same build is really a pain, since many
  of the paths (f.e. numpy) are different, and Python 2 will become
  obsolete within the life time of the next Debian version.

When I try to run the build time test, I get an error:

------------------------8<-----------------------------
ctest  --extra-verbose
UpdateCTestConfiguration  from :/build/plplot-5.14.0+dfsg/DartConfiguration.tcl
UpdateCTestConfiguration  from :/build/plplot-5.14.0+dfsg/DartConfiguration.tcl
Test project /build/plplot-5.14.0+dfsg
Constructing a list of tests
Updating test list for fixtures
Added 0 tests to meet fixture requirements
Checking test dependency graph...
Checking test dependency graph end
No tests were found!!!
/usr/bin/make -C obj-* VERBOSE=1 test_diff_psc
make[2]: Entering directory '/build/plplot-5.14.0+dfsg/obj-x86_64-linux-gnu'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target 'test_diff_psc'.  Stop.

Should I do now something different than

$ ctest  --extra-verbose
$ make -C obj-* VERBOSE=1 test_diff_psc

for the build time test?

Best regards