Dear PLplot developers:

A comprehensive test and some additional specific tests of my fix for the
release critical bug went well, and as a result I have now released
5.14.0.  See my forthcoming post to plplot-general for the details
concerning that release.

Here, I wish to thank Arjen Markus and Phil Rosenberg for their
direct contributions to this release, and many others here for their
indirect contributions via bug reports, using the git master tip
version to make sure it is always working for your particular needs,
participating in development discussions, etc.

Please take a critical look at plplot.org.  That site has been newly
reviewed, regenerated and uploaded as part of the recent release
process by me but other eyes on it will likely find more that needs
changing.

Of course, the soft freeze for pushing commits to SF is now over so
I encourage you to mature your git topic branches and push those
as well as push bug fixes as soon as possible in this new release cycle
to maximize the time we can test such changes during this current
release cycle which I currently plan will be something like 6 months
long.

My first priority for this release cycle is to make my Linux computer
stable so that lockups (and attempts to find the cause of those) that
occur on time scales of 1 day to 5 days are not distracting me near
the end of this release cycle.  But I also have a whole host of
quick bug fixes and small development topics on my ToDo list that I put
off near the end of the last release cycle, that I want to finish up
early in this release cycle.  Thus, if all goes well, you will see lots of
git activity from me in the coming weeks as I clear out that ToDo list.

Good luck with your own PLplot development and testing during this
release cycle!