On 2013-10-17 06:00-0000 hubin wrote:

> Hello,I'm a newcomers for plplot,I use vs2010,my PC is win7 x64,I want use
> the cmake(It's my first time use it) to bulid for .sln. I have read the
> article
> http://www.miscdebris.net/plplot_wiki/index.phptitle=Configure_PLplot_for_the_Visual_Studio_IDEI
>  follow the way,but when i use:
> cmake "C:/USERS/BIN/DESKTOP/plplot" -G "VisualStudio 10 2010" -DPL_DOUBLE=ON
> -DLIB_TAG="sud" -DBUILD_TEST=ON
> -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX="C:\USERS\BIN\DESKTOP\plplotinstall"DCMAKE_CONFIGURATION_TYPES="Debug"-DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=OFF
>  -DSTATIC_RUNTIME=ON
> cmake show error :CMake Error: Could not create named generator Visual Studio
> 10 2010
> The I google,people say I can ignore -G "Visual Studio 10 2010",The cmake
> will correctly detect the local(my
> computer) compiler;so I do that :cmake "C:/USERS/BIN/DESKTOP/plplot"
> -DPL_DOUBLE=ON -DLIB_TAG="sud" -DBUILD_TEST=ON
> -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX="C:\USERS\BIN\DESKTOP\plplotinstall"
> DCMAKE_CONFIGURATION_TYPES="Debug"-DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=OFF -DSTATIC_RUNTIME=ON
> The cmake run ,about 1 minutes,cmake run over,The last info is:-- Configuring
> incomplete, errors occurred!
> I know i fail.so I want to ask for help, I use cmake 2.8.11.2,and plplot
> 5.9.10 in SVN;
> Fly

You have not specified the correct generator string (which has to be
exact).  To see the possibilities look at the bottom of what you get
from the command

cmake --help

I notice for 2.8.11.2, that list of
generators includes

"Visual Studio 10"

(not "Visual Studio 10 2010").  I have no experience with that generator
myself, but it appears from the way you describe your system as
"vs2010", it is that generator that you want.

Good luck, and thanks for your interest in PLplot.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

Linux-powered Science