On 2019-09-04 21:32+0200 Xavier Cardil wrote:

Hi, we are using Plplot on a project with Keras, where we are required to
feed plots as RGBA encoded string plot. Is it possible to do this somehow ?

I have read about plsmema( )

http://plplot.sourceforge.net/docbook-manual/plplot-html-5.15.0/plsmema.html

But this looks to be a way to input, not to output ?

Hi Xavier:

Yes, plsmema is input so I don't think it is suitable for your described needs.

I think a better option would be to use PLplot to produce plots in the
standard SVG form.  We have three device drivers that can do that, but
the best one from your perspective (because it has no software
dependencies) is the "svg" device driver.  Then implement a converter
from SVG to whatever non-standard plotting format Keras needs (if
someone hasn't implemented such a converter already).  Or using
the svg device driver as a model, you could even implement a PLplot device
driver that outputs data in the form required by Keras, but I
think the converter idea is likely easier for you to implement.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes with your Keras plotting needs.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

software package (plplot.org); the libLASi project