Hello Plplot
I am new to linux (mint 20). I am experiencing some  difficulty in adding
the pdf driver to my plplot installation.
I have been following the instructions from the README_cmake file.
I have downloaded libharu-RELEASE_2_3_0.zip and unpacked its contents to
libharu in /home/peter/ where I also created a libharau_build folder. I cd
into this directory and ran cmake (version 3.16.3) as

cmake -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=OFF ../libharu

I then ran "make". The run concluded with
"[100%] Linking C static library libhpdfs.a
[100%] Built target hpdfs " (I have a log of the process)

I now seem to have, in my build directory a include directory containing
hpdf_config.h and a
src directory containing libhpdf.so (a shared library? !) and (among other
things) libhpdfs.a. This latter file presumably contains the static pdf
library for use by cmake in rebuilding plplot.

I then rebuilt plplot  (using the default setting to include pdf) and the
setting to generate static libraries:
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/home/peter/plplot
/home/peter/plplot_install/plplot-5.15.0 -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=OFF >&
cmake.out
I can see no evidence of pdf being enabled. In fact, cmake.out contains
"Looking for haru pdf header and library
-- Looking for haru pdf header and library - not found
-- WARNING: Setting PLD_pdf to OFF."

Can you please tell me where I should move libhpdfs.a  (and hpdf_config.h
?)  to rebuild plplot successfuly.

Your advice would be gratefully received.
Peter.

--
Peter Williams
petesweet2...@gmail.com