On Thu, Aug 16, 2001, Joshua O wrote:
> I have a question. Can I change the program and call it something different
> for my school such as "MYSchool Doc Reader"?

Yes, provided you don't do something that would break the GPL.

> I would be distributing the reader freely

You *have to* release it under GPL, make the source code with your
modifications available for everyone that has got the binary (unless
you include the source code with the binary). Don't forget to include
a copy of the GPL (that is also a requirement when you distribute a
binary version of the app).

I also request that you change the creator ID when you change the
name of the app.

> If that is okay, how much credit must I give.

You will have to do your own homework and figure out what you have
to do to live up to the GPL.

The only clue I will give you is that we still have the copyright
to the program. That will not change just because you change the
name of the app.

/Mike