> This is extremely counter-intuitive.  The user is jumped to some place
> that may be wildly out of context (for a long page).  I'm going to
> change the parser to treat such URLs as excluded, just as with any other
> URL which doesn't exist.

        I have seen pages do this *INTENTIONALLY* by design. Yes, lazy html
authors who use #top and don't include an <a name="top"> anywhere in the top
of the content, but they know it'll jam the user back up to the top of the
page. Are we sure changing this by default is right? Shouldn't we act like
browsers would in this situation, not like an AI would?

/d