>   http://foo.bar.com/bletch.html#tag
> but there's no "tag" in bletch.html) is handled is to point the link
> to the beginning of the page which presumably would have contained the
> link (in the above example, to paragraph 0 of bletch.html).
[...]
> change the parser to treat such URLs as excluded, just as with any
> other URL which doesn't exist.

I have to support the other message which said that we should support
current (bad) practice, rather than taking a hardline on semantic bugs.  I'm
all for excluding browser-specific features, but using the page instead of
avoiding it for a missing id is probably arguably in the spirit of the spec,
if not the letter.
--
MJR