Hi

> The reason you were not able to build the viewer was becuase the viewer
> requires a special version of gcc to make palmos/m68k binaries, as well
> as the PalmOS 4 SDKs.
On my first tries, ./configure complained about not finding the PalmOS 4
SDK, so i installed it under /opt/palmdev/sdk-4 and created symlinks to
it from /opt/palmdev/sdk and /usr/share/prc-tools/sdk . After that
everything seemed to be fine.

> There is a package for debian/testing, prc-tools, but it's severly out
> of date and will only set you back further if you install it. Another
> package though, PilRC, is required and usable straight out of the testing
> distro.
The latest version listed at sourceforge is 2.0.92.
The version installed on my system is 2.0.92.cvs20011113-2 from
debian/testing. Do I need to change anything, perhaps re-install from
the source?
PilRC is installed as well.

> Frankly, building the prc is only really useful to developers, since
> its quite a bit of effort just to get a working compiler going.
I'm just a person who likes it best when everything works the way it's
supposed to be working ;). I was going to fiddle around a little with
the Parser, but it'd be nice to be able to do that with the Viewer as
well when the time comes ;).

Regards,

Lutz