> That means we -can't- agree on the "syntax"...  we can't even get changes
> propagated into a single platform.  (e.g. Python in this case.)

Actually, Tony, just a hint:  if you want me to move faster, mail me a
diff -c of the changes you've made, not a whole new Spider.py.  That
creates an extra step for me, which makes that task move lower on my
list -- certainly lower than getting out 1.2.  Particularly for Python
novices, there's a certain chance that I'll have to re-write the
submission (no! you gasp! :-).

As for "dying trees", I think the Plucker distiller will continue to
be the main version for a while yet.  It's certainly where I intend to
keep working.  It's coming out in both Python and Java starting with
1.2.  And when I get a newer version of Jython, it will also form a
Java-callable library for distilling.

Bill