I have a small problem. I have public domain etext that I have saved the site to my hard drive and I now would like to have this information on my old palm. (it is a Palm Vx running OS 3.5.1). I am using plucker desktop version 1.6.2.0 (windows XP Pro).

Now the following is just an example of what I am tying to do (I am not trying to "steel" this site, but if I used the real site I would be SPAMing the url and I do not know if that is a "no-no" so I will play it safe for now)

Initializing Plucker spidering engine...

Updating channel: Unnamed Channel...
Pluckerdir is 'C:\Program Files\Plucker'...
Using proxy '' with authentication for user ''...
ZLib compression turned on
Using exclusion list C:\Program Files\Plucker\exclusionlist.txt
Using exclusion list C:\Program Files\Plucker\exclusionlist.txt
---- 0 collected, 1 to do ----
Processing file:C:\Documents and Settings\*****\Desktop\New Folder (2)\plucker-list.htm...
Retrieved ok.
Error: Runtime error parsing document file:C:\Documents and Settings\*****\Desktop\New Folder (2)\plucker-list.htm: unexpected char in declaration: '<'
Parsing failed.
---- all 0 pages retrieved and parsed ----
Writing out collected data...
Writing document 'Unnamed Channel' to file C:\Program Files\Plucker\channels/UnnamedChannel/UnnamedChannel.pdb
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\Plucker/parser/python/PyPlucker/Spider.py", line 1734, in ?
sys.exit(realmain(None))
File "C:\Program Files\Plucker/parser/python/PyPlucker/Spider.py", line 1719, in realmain
retval = main (config, exclusion_lists)
File "C:\Program Files\Plucker/parser/python/PyPlucker/Spider.py", line 1147, in main
mapping = writer.write (verbose=verbosity, alias_list=alias_list)
File "C:\Program Files\Plucker/parser/python\PyPlucker\Writer.py", line 535, in write
result = Writer.write (self, verbose, alias_list=alias_list)
File "C:\Program Files\Plucker/parser/python\PyPlucker\Writer.py", line 352, in write
raise RuntimeError("The collection process failed to generate a 'home' document")
RuntimeError: The collection process failed to generate a 'home' document
Installing channel output to destinations...
Setting new due date...
Tasks completed for all channels.

This is like the error that I am getting when I try to use the "add a new channel wizard" on the desk top. I even changed all the links in the "main" page (or the starting page) so that I can view the pages offline.

I need to know
1. if this program can do what I am trying to do?
2. if yes then what am I doing wrong?
3. if no then any ideas how i can take all the html files that I have on my computer and get them (and the hyperlinks) on my PDA?

Thank you for taking the time to read this and for responding to those that do.