On 2022-01-07 20:43, Thomas Scott via PLUG-discuss wrote:
I'm in the opposite realm - was a programmer and kind of an admin
(glorified script kiddie?), went into networking, and then got back
into programming, because it was a "thing" to automate networks. It's
now my full time job, and I enjoy it a ton. The network to code slack
is full of network engineers who have become that new hybrid. Sorry if
that doesn't help from the opposite direction!

Ok, so I am running a home LAMP server + Bind9 + Postfix + Dovecot... I got lucky... I still have a ton to learn.

As a PHP developer what do you suggest I learn about automation? And do I really need to learn another language. Seems a lot is being done in PHP.

I think someone suggested Python. Was it Python? And why Python? Is it better than PHP for server automation.

I think there are several guys on AZPHP that work for a large hosting provider and I think they are creating automation with PHP/Laravel ... not sure exactly what they are doing.

- Thomas Scott | mr.thomas.sc...@gmail.com

On Fri, Jan 7, 2022 at 7:57 PM Michael Butash via PLUG-discuss