David Schwartz via PLUG-discuss said on Thu, 01 Dec 2022 19:48:59 +0000
(UTC)

>I’ve met a few folks who like plaing with open-source projects, but
>none of them ever said they thought it made a difference in terms of
>getting a job.

This is an anecdote, so take it for what it's worth: A friend of mine
is a developer supreme: He thoroughly understands algorithms, data
structures and protocols at a deep level. He made a free software smart
phone app and maintained it for his users. A couple years later
WhatsApp noticed it, noticed him, invited him to California, hired him,
and when Facebook bought WhatsApp he got a bonus at least if not more
than sufficient for him to buy a Tesla.

SteveT

Steve Litt