The technology has been available for almost a decade and with the use of AI we
will start seeing businesses starting to spend the money on it as a lot of
businesses have openings for jobs but no one seems interested. How businesses
are being run has changed since the pandemic and people are expecting more pay
but businesses are starting to pay less based on the person’s skill for the job.

On Wed, Dec 28, 2022, at 20:48, greg zegan via PLUG-discuss wrote:
> Is this even possible?
> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-11580467/Man-buys-router-thrift-store-finds-previous-owners-bank-account-credit-card-numbers.html
>

> On Wednesday, December 28, 2022 at 06:43:09 PM MST, Keith Smith via
> PLUG-discuss <plug-discuss@lists.phxlinux.org> wrote:
>

> On 2022-12-28 18:25, Nathan via PLUG-discuss wrote:
>> On Wednesday, December 28, 2022 7:14:56 PM CST Keith Smith via
>> PLUG-discuss
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Unskilled labor is about to be hardcore unemployed and the jobs that
>>> will be available will be for those who have leaned some skills.
>>>

>> There is no such thing as unskilled labor, only exploitation of the
>> unprivileged.
>>

> I worked in a gas station in my youth.  Back in the 70's gas stations
> were full service.  I fix flats, pumped gas, checked oil, cleaned
> windshields, once in a while I would air up a tire.
>
> And there was that job at the bakery where I made donuts.  Did not
> require a lot of skill.
>
> Seems very unskilled.
>

>>> I'm thinking at some point in the future I will be replaced by a
>>> machine.  I am a programmer.  The world will be ruled by the
>>> engineers.
>>>

>> Engineers will not work if they are not paid,
>
> Not sure anyone is suggesting they work for free.  I assume they will be
> highly paid as they are today.
>
>> they have no power unless they
>> work together. The elite/rich/bourgeois/1% will rule so long as they
>> own our
>> politicians and the exploited working class continues to worship their
>> masters
>> like Musk.
>
> I had no idea Musk was an elitist.
>
>> We are too far down the rabbit hole of Stockholm syndrome for the
>> working class to ever achieve anything.
>>

>> We need a revolution.
>
> Be careful what you wish for.
>
>> Of course, let them automate everything. I welcome it.
>> When they eliminate all jobs and replace people with machines, let them
>> sell
>> cheese burgers to the robots.
>>

> Could create an interesting situation.

  Harold Hartley