I have my site hosted by a ramnode vps and reserve my domain with namecheap. I
haven't had any complaints on either but I won't go out and endorse them. If
you're only worried about the python development end, you might consider heroku
for non-formal or educational project web application hosting. Personally I
found setting up nginx and reverse proxies kind of fun and informative, but
maybe that's an unnecessary time sink for your use case.

Jan 25, 2023 07:53:33 trent shipley via PLUG-discuss
<plug-discuss@lists.phxlinux.org>:

> I'm on the bench with my employer asd studying test driven development using
> Harry Precival's Test-Driven Development with Python.  Percival uses a simple
> web site on Django as the practice or example project.  In chapter 9 the baby
> website gets put on a real hosted web server.  It needs to be an olde
> fashioned service where you have the freedom to do a lot of admin work.  That
> is, you need to have enough rope to hang yourself.  I also need a domain name
> and  two sub-domain names.  Price is important.  I will probably finish the
> tutorial book and throw the site away instead of keeping it as a personal
> website.
>
> Has anyone got any suggestions for where to get a domain name and a hosting
> service?
>

> Trent
>

> *Choosing Where to Host Our Site*
>
> There are loads of different solutions out there these days, but they broadly
> fall into two camps:

* > Running your own (possibly virtual) server
* > Using a Platform-As-A-Service (PaaS) offering like Heroku, OpenShift, or
PythonAnywhere