8GB RAM?  No, IMHO 16GB is absolute minimum, especially for Windows.  Assuming you want to actually DO something on the thing! ;-)

On 5/28/24 13:13, Keith Smith via PLUG-discuss wrote:
I asked Google "how much disk space is needed for windows 11",
and it told me:

---
64 GB
Storage: 64 GB or larger storage device. If your PC does not have a large enough storage drive, there are sometimes options for upgrading the drive.
---

ChatGPT said :

---
The disk space required for Windows 11 can vary depending on the specific version and any additional features or applications you may want to install. However, Microsoft has provided minimum system requirements for Windows 11, including disk space. As of my last update, Microsoft recommends a minimum of 64 GB of storage for Windows 11. However, it's advisable to have more space available, especially if you plan to install additional software, store files, or allow for system updates and temporary files.
---

Makes me nostalgic for the box set of 4 or 5 micro floppies for RedHat 4.2 circa 1998.... Yikes!!

Don't forget you will need 8GB of RAM at a minimum.

Keith