On Thu, May 30, 2024 at 6:22 PM Eric Oyen via PLUG-discuss <
plug-discuss@lists.phxlinux.org> wrote:

> Heh, windows (AKA Win Blows) has always been bloatware without any real
> dedicated app organization. At least with apple, the bloatware factor as
> some sense to it (every app contains a copy of it’s own libs and other data
> files). Windows doesn’t even do this right.

I used to call it WinDoze :)

As for a Linux distro, I have repurposed an HP T630 thin client (8GB RAM,
32GB SATA SSD) with a Linux Mint desktop.  The default install takes about
12 GB, it includes the LibreOffice Suite.  You have to watch the disk space
usage but additional storage can be added with external USB drives.

--
Arun Khan