I haven't used Ventoy as, when it was first released the author just published
a binary blob to their github rather than the source and therefore gave me the
feeling that they were either untrustworthy or didn't know what they were
doing, working product or not.

I do have a tool that does something similar though, an iodd Mini USB
<https://www.amazon.com/iodd-256-bit-Secure-encrypted-Drive/dp/B07Y464WWN/>,
that emulates a CD drive and/or writable flash drives. You just hook it up to
your computer, copy isos over, then plug it in somewhere else, select the iso,
and you're off to the races. There's no compatibility issues either as to the
computer it looks like a USB CD-ROM drive.

I use the virtual flash drive functionality on it as well to have things like a
windows install disk, a chromeos flex install disk, one with a basic
installation of rEFInd on it, among others. When you've selected it, it looks
like a USB thumb drive to the computer and it can format it and whatnot just
like any other thumb drive.

There's no special formats either. You can take the thumb drive images and dd
them to a real disk and will work as such, as if it were written directly to
that disk in the first place.