Quoting:
"If you really want a bulletproof connection, get a dedicated T1 line
(or faster)."

Correct me if I am wrong, but based on my experience in another city,
our T1 connection physically came from the local phone company. Is it
not the same in most cities, with the exceptions of some that have
diverse backbone options?

I know that our T1 would go down with some regularity. In spite of all
that we were able to do, we would lose it about once every three or four
months for a few hours, once for day and a half. Very bad for a branch
of a major corporation.

Harold