Are you meaning something along the lines of a graphic signature?
By letterhead, I'm going to guess you mean on the top?

Either way, one way I did an attachment setup such as that 2 jobs ago
was with Qmail as the mail server, and I had it configured to run
through a manipulation script to add in and remove anything I was
instructed to.  (very low cpu usage, ran on a 1.3 ghz machine with 1
gb of ram and used barely anything.)

If you're meaning something client-based, that'd be specific to the
email client.  (no clue, I'm minimalistic when it comes to email
clients)

Thanks,
Dan Lund
It is necessary for him who lays out a state and arranges laws for it
to presuppose that all men are evil and that they are always going to
act according to the wickedness of their spirits whenever they have
free scope.
-Niccolo Machiavelli