-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Matt
Graham
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2008 4:40 PM
To: plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Subject: Re: OT email letterhead?

After a long battle with technology, Bryan O'Neal wrote:
> Mike Enriquez wrote:
>> application that will let design a business letterhead that becomes
the
>> default form for email.

Um.  This is something that has to be done on the MTA side, unless you
have a
bunch of users who are all using the same mail client who can't change
any
settings at all on that client.  I'd say it's a bad idea as only the
people
who aren't very bright or are using lousy clients will even *see* the
HTML.

> I too would be interested.  This is very easy using an ms outlook
> client, and can even be set as a configuration push in a ADS/Exchange
> environment, but I have not found anything outside that that lets you
do
> it and was still smart about when/how it  should use it.

I'd say it's not a good idea, ever.  Well, unless you're trying to sell
shiny
things to people who are easily distracted.

exim is capable of rewriting incoming (and outgoing) mail according to
a "transport filter".  It's possible to do a lot with this, but it's
something I have never messed with.
http://wiki.exim.org/FAQ/Modifying_message_bodies/Q1601 is probably a
great
place to start.  PLEASE note the legal warnings in there.  Postfix ...
dunno,
Postfix is a little less Swiss-Army-knifeish than exim.

> http://www.incredimail.com/

...some highly technical people in ASR were just talking about how much
they
dislike that MUA this morning.

--
   We'll see how brave you are.