On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 7:31 AM, Judd Pickell <pick...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Not everyone wants to have change a setting while just trying to view their
> emails. Although to be fair I use gmail so I don't have to be concerned
> about it. But I am sure there are people on this list still using Pine or
> equiv, since that is and can be done via commandline like ssh from a phone.

Maybe those folks should just go back to using carrier pidgeons.
Alternatives could include changing to using an email client that would
support THEIR need to block or convert HTML to text.  Expecting the rest of
the world to change to do what they want is just wrong and ain't gonna
happen.

> I am curious, how many truly html based emails do we get on this list? I
> would think lately we maybe recieving more, given the link structures in
> some emails; so maybe it is a concern now?

I don't know but I did change to using plain text for some time because of
the desires of certain people here.  The loss of functionality was
bothersome so I finally switched back to the rich text mode of gmail.

I do understand that html CAN be used for harmful intent but then what
can't?  If you want to fear technology, don't use it!

> Sincerely,
> Judd

Man is the only animal that laughs and weeps, for he is the only animal that
is struck with the difference between what things are and what they ought to
be.
 - William Hazlitt