On Wed, 15 Jul 2009, Lisa Kachold wrote:

> I believe that FC4 changed /usr/fedora to /src/redhat.
> When you import the kernel sources, you will then have a rpmbuild directory.

ummmm ... actually I documented this practice and approach (a
./rpmbuild/ in the user's home) long before that as part of a
move to building all as non-root

        http://www.oldrpm.org/hintskinks/buildtree/

seemingly in 2002, but it was common before that

see also:

        http://www.owlriver.com/tips/non-root/

where I note at the end:

        The techniques work from the earliest days of rpm,
with minor changes. That is, it will work fine on: Red Hat
Linux, Netwinder Linux, Alpha Linux, Aurora Linux, YellowDog
Linux, cAos Linux, Red Hat Fedora and any other distribution
which uses the RPM Package Manager.

For a while Fedora carried my little setup script in one of
its packages.

-- Russ herrold