I know I am absolutely not interested in muddying the waters by trying
this with virtualized systems, maybe after I can actually get them to
work..... I posted previously that I have dedicated hardware to use.

You are also describing a combined network and I have already abandoned
that idea, so putting another windows server together is not going to be
what I'm looking for. As far as I can tell Linux doesn't have an AD
equivalent except Samba 4 which isn't out yet.... Samba 3.x destroyed 2
domain controllers trying to join it..... Not going to try that again
anytime soon....

Sean Parsons