On 4/27/10 7:51 AM, Nadim Hoque wrote:
 Just to let you know I did mount the external in fstab already and
 all of my drives are ext 3 or 4 (ill check later). But I will try the
 group sticky notes. But other than these issues, is my smb.conf file
 pretty good? Another thing, do samba users also need the same
 passwords as the user on the linux machine? Sent via BlackBerry from
 T-Mobile

samba file looks ok (I would check the wiki article on samba and see if you need to make any minor
changes to samba.conf.

as for samba users needed the same password, its recommended. this will tend to reduce problems associated with differing passwords between user on the machine and remote users (and thus access problems)