On Tue, 2010-04-27 at 14:51 +0000, Nadim Hoque wrote:
> Just to let you know I did mount the external in fstab already and all of my
> drives are ext 3 or 4 (ill check later). But I will try the group sticky
> notes. But other than these issues, is my smb.conf file pretty good? Another
> thing, do samba users also need the same passwords as the user on the linux
> machine?
----
execute the command (as root...)

testparm -sv > /tmp/samba-config.txt

and you can see the output from all the default values (those not
specified in your configuration)

As for passwords... samba keeps a password for each user which uses the
NT Hash mechanism and is obviously not compatible with various
mechanisms on Linux/UNIX. Thus on a samba server, I would have a
Posix/Linux user 'craig', with a password and then a samba user 'craig',
with a password and it can be entirely different.

Craig

believed to be clean.