This is very true - but in practice this is not as common as you think. Our
studies using DynDNS showed that Cox, Time Warner, Verizon, Qwest, Yahoo
(Via dns change not ISP hosting), and MegaPath did not cache, at least not
more then a few min. I was unable to find anyone actually on AOL or EathLink
or Comcast to test with. I did have a person on some small ISP like
RoadRunner and they did cache.

Mind you our studies were not very scientific - call person we know on
network have them hit site, change dns, have them hit site again. For some
providers we only had one or two people using them. And for all the Yahoo
based ISP's we just changed our primary DNS and tested ourselves. But, what
we found supported our experience in that it was not a big issue.