Frankly, I think many of you are missing the point of the article.  They
were not trying to build the portability of a netbook, or the capability of
a development platform.  They were simply trying to build a reasonable
general purpose system for a low cost.  Clearly they did so and the fact
that no monitor, keyboard, or mouse was included in the cost was simply a
way of doing so for those folks who have such items laying around and no
need to pay for new ones.

That there are many other solutions to specific needs is just the way life
is.  I like hearing all your alternatives, but why knock the article in
presenting them?

Larry

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 9:48 AM, <j...@actionline.com> wrote:

> > The Q150 looks pretty sweet.
> > Did you consider the Acer AspireRevo R3610-U9022?
> > http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2358654,00.asp
>
> Yes, the Acer has a dual-core Intel Atom 330 processor
> and the Lenovo Q150 has a dual-core Intel Atom 510 processor
> and reviews I've found say the Lenovo is much faster.

Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions,
that I wish it always to be kept alive.
  - Thomas Jefferson