On Jul 26, 2010, at 12:05 PM, Dazed_75 wrote:

That there are many other solutions to specific needs is just the way life is. I like hearing all your alternatives, but why knock the article in presenting them?\

I haven't read any comments which seem overly harsh. Keith said something like 'a netbook would be a better deal', but that hardly qualifies as a flame. :)

Seems like mostly people are just adding to the list of low-cost options. I'm loving the comments so far. The discussion feels very productive, and they're giving me lots of ideas to check into. I agree it's not fair to bash the end product of the article when the authors were working with such severe constraints, but I don't feel like any bashing is really going on.

alex