j...@actionline.com wrote:
Is Linux ready for 90% of users? Not sure. I'd say it's definitely
there for web/mail/office tasks, and probably movies ...

Games... not so much. There are a ton of gamers out there who
MUST HAVE StarCrack II and as long as stuff like that is on Windows
and not Linux, there will be a huge installed base of Windows boxes.

Can't resist ...

I think this is exactly right.

M$'s future is in high-priced toys and fooling around playing games ...
and not so much in the practical and pragmatic use of computers to do
something useful.

Don't cut gamers short. They're largely responsible for the development of the high quality graphics we enjoy today. Without them, I expect we'd still be a lot closer to (stuck with?) VGA.

--
-Eric 'shubes'