Thanks, I pinged "yahoo.com" and it works fine. Opera is not on my distro but Arora is and it works fine and so did Firefox. The only problem with Arora is the yahoo only recognizes Firefox so that does away with Arora. Tried
Suse 11.3 as a live cd and Firefox works fine. Ubuntu's Firefox does not recognize either yahoo.com or the URL. So now I am looking for a new distro that Works with Firefox.

Clay

-----Original Message-----
From: jhari...@yahoo.com
Sent: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 07:07:35 -0700 (PDT)
To: plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Subject: Re: Firefox problem

I would look under Edit - Preferences - Advanced - Network Tab - Connection Settings to see what you have checked. I'd probably try no proxy. I'd also try opening a terminal window and typing ping yahoo.com

Opera is also in the repo so you could try that to see if you get the same error. Awhile back, I had the same problem as it was a DNS lookup issue. I could put in a IP but when I put in a URL it would time out. Not sure if this could be your issue to.