Neither has anything to do with the problem.  Something in his environment
specific to Firefox like an add-on or a firewall setting is blocking it.  I
use that combination on at least 2 machines and have no problem at all.  He
says he didn't have a problem with a SUSE LiveCD but he would also have no
problem with an Ubuntu LiveCD.

On Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 1:49 AM, Steve Holmes <st...@holmesgrown.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure what distros have to do with Firefox working or not but I
> use ArchLinux here and I use Firefox all the time.  I mainly use
> downloaded binaries from trunk instead of the Arch binary because I
> want latest version so I can try and keep up with accessibility bug
> fixes.  In the case of trunk binaries, I just download the tarball and
> extract into a firefox directory in my $HOME directory and run it from
> there.  I'm not aware of any problems doing it that way.
>
> On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 05:21:48PM -0800, Clayton Stapleton wrote:
> >    Thanks, I pinged "yahoo.com" and it works fine. Opera is not on my
> distro
> >    but Arora is and it works fine and so did Firefox. The only problem
> with
> >    Arora is the yahoo only recognizes Firefox so that does away with
> Arora.
> >    Tried
> >    Suse 11.3 as a live cd and Firefox works fine. Ubuntu's Firefox does
> not
> >    recognize either yahoo.com or the URL. So now I am looking for a new
> >    distro that Works with Firefox.
> >
> >    Clay

Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions,
that I wish it always to be kept alive.
  - Thomas Jefferson