> Would you limit greed to the pursuit of money, or would you consider the
> pursuit of other goals, not necessarily wealth based "greed"? Who defines
> excessive?

Well, gluttony certainly is, by definition, another example of greed that
has little or nothing to do with money.  The extent of obesity in our
world today, especially in our country is an obvious and very visible
example of excessive.

Excessive is defined as: going beyond the usual, necessary, or proper
limit or degree; characterized by excess: excessive charges; excessive
criticism.

Of course, one can also question, what is a "proper limit" etc.

But the point is that greed is an excessive desire and/or pursuit of ...
anything. It isn't necessary to define what is usual, necessary, and/or a
"proper limit" amount of anything. Our world is filled with examples of
grotesque excess.

Drive around neighborhoods with garage doors up and notice how many are so
packed full of junk that it is not possible to even walk through them.

There is nothing "wrong" with any person or business offering products
and/or services to seek a "reasonable" "profitable" return on their
investments of time and money.  Yes, I know, what is "reasonable?"

"Excessive" is when the pursuit of maximizing profits and wealth harms
others or totally ignores the needs of others.

Responsible and ethical individuals and businesses are always seeking to
give a good or excellent value-added for whatever prices or fees they
charge.  By contrast, an "excessive" pursuit of "get all you can get"
comes into the picture when things like providing good or excellent
service and value is utterly disregarded.

Where is the dividing line?  There is no absolute way to define that.

However, a "reasonable" dividing line is always self-evident.  Everyone
knows within themselves if they are motivated (driven) more by a pursuit
of amassing the most money that they can possibly amass for whatever
product or service they provide *moreso* than by providing the best value
and service that they can at the "fairest" price they possibly can.