You point the finger at Walmart, but why don't you point to the coercion as
the culprit, as the root cause of our ills? Walmart does a great job of
ensuring low prices for its consumers. Section-8 housing, food stamps, state
funded health care are all different incarnations of the state's power of
coercion.

Which is more important - giving a few a decent wage (whether they are worth
it or not is ignored for this question) or giving many the buying power no
other corporation is capable of doing?

A good read is Economics in One Lesson.

Eric