IDE, EIDE, and PATA (Parallel ATA) have the same interface.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallel_ATA

Older motherboards may have trouble recognizing larger drives.
IDE/EIDE/PATA is on it's way out.... get SATA if you have a choice since
it's unlikely you'll find a motherboard with EIDE on it.
Open Box= someone else didn't like it.
I'd go SATA if I were you (supports native hot swapping).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_ATA
I often use laptop drives for such things.