Thanks!!!

You're absolutely right. When I taught myself DOS, Windows, TCP/IP, several
Adobe Apps, Amateur Radio I found good books that took me from zero to
reasonably competent. Experimenting, help files and Google searches took it
from there. I haven't found that book yet, will check the BB library next.

I like the free offerings, the security sessions and of course Foss Weekly and
Hak5.
You have to find your own knowledge, half the learning is in the search?

4. Private schools. Probably very expensive and intense?
Again, unless you want to WORK in linux and need a certificate or a degree,
this is only good for meeting geeks and prospective partners.

So what do you gurus recommend? If I go for some Linux certs, what institution
should I get those from? Are there many employment opps for a Linux Cert holder
in Phoenix Metro?

RHEL ---> Take one of the preparation facttracks (5 days about 3,000 - which
teaches you to take the test).  You might be able to get a grant for most
schools.

Thanks for your input,

-Ken

Nice to meet you!