$900 for a cellular bill is a lot.  Next Thursday Verizon's plans change.
There is some good and some bad.  My wife and I have no use for texting or
data.  However we are going to move forward and get both next week.

Next week Verizon will charge $40 per phone for UNLIMITED voice and texting.
Since we will not need much data we will go with either 1G ($50) or 2G ($60) of
data per month.  Realistically the only reason I want data is for viewing
websites to see how they look on a cellular phone.  After I start using it I
might enjoy the GPS feature and the ability to use my phone like my computer
while away from home.  I rarely leave home though.

I home office so if I use the phone for data I understand it will be using wifi
and not going against my cellular allotment.  Silly though, since I am sitting
at my computer and can use it for data......

Data will go the way voice has gone.  In 1992 I bought a brick phone.  I was
able to get in on my employer's plan at 25 cents a minute peak and 10 or 15
cents a minute off peak.  The phone was over $300.  About a year and a half
later I moved to a flip phone.  It cost close to $300 also.  As I recall I had
4 batteries because the battery life was about 4 hours.

We have come a long way.  We have turned the corner to UNLIMITED voice.

Data will go the way voice has gone -->> Hopefully it will not take 20 plus
years.

I looked at straight talk.  Very affordable.  I think they limit you to 30MB a
month for data.  Might use that by visiting one unoptimized webpage.

Keith Smith