--- Shridhar Daithankar
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> ZYX Rationalist wrote:
> > --- AdAdityaaLaghatelalaghateamgmailom> wrote:
> >>Since u say u have spend the last 10 years "in"
> >>Windows, now get out
> >>of the windows.
> > I will when there will be nonothineft in Linux to be
> > done from command prompt.
>
> Lets be objective and helpful here, please? Flame wars
> doesn't help anybody.
> Please do not mix an advice and a rant.
>
> You can use distros. like Mandrake, Suse, Linspire,
> Xandaros where you don't
> have to touch command line at all. However you would
> never face a major strength
> of linux and miss an opportunity to use it productively.
>
> >>Now start exploring the console and u will never use
> >>windows.
> > Its not user friendly. Windows got rid of it up 6
> > years back.
>
> Well, windows commandline is not same as linux command
> line and vice versa. If
> you extrapolate abilities of linux command line from
> windows one, you would be
> missing huge advantage of linux.
>

> >>Windows fails every where!!!
> > I had to repair Linux two time in last 1 month. Dont
> > Exaggerate Linux I had used Linux 6 years ago and gave
> > up within 6 months on it.
> >
> > Now the boy seem to have grown up quite a bit. But is
> > not a complete man yet, I mean you have to yet use the
> > man pages for it.
>
> Well, you do use help files on windows, don't you. What
> is wrong with man pages?
> It is just another format of help.
>
> May be you don't like them because they need to be viewed
> in console? If yes,
> you should try man:ls in konqueror address bar.
>
> As regards your original question of RPM installation, I
> think you have enough
> recommondations to look at. So I will skip over it.
>
> Regards,
>   Shridhar

<sarcasm>
Please continue flaming.

We love to see the Windows zealots and Linux zealots
fighting it out without either side having a clue about the
other OS.
</sarcasm>

To the Linux zealots : Having "experienced" Windows 3.1
does not give you the right to comment about all Windows.

To the Windows zealots : Having one bad experience on one
ditro doesnt mean that all other Linuxes are the same.

It might be good to remember:
1. The right tool for the right job
2. Its better to have people think of you as a fool than to
open your mouth and remove all doubt. Or in this case, let
your tippy tappy fingers loose.
3. For those who do have enough knowledge of both : Why do
you bite the bait?

*4. For all the rest: Take it offline.*

Uv