On 8/11/05, Vishal Rao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 8/11/05, Desi Penguin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > When you say you can download 30GB odd, I'm assuming that you are
> > planning to download files, music, movies, ISO etc and not streaming
> > data, normal browsing ...
>
> No I meant all my "data transfers" up or down (ISOs, streaming,
> whatever), when I said "downloads"... won't there be a problem like
> you need to log out and log back in (or turn off and on your modem)
> between 2am and 8am else BSNL wont consider it as you NU usage?
>
> I'm sure we can set up some script to PPP (oE)  dial in at just after
> 2am and disconnect at just before 8am and also do the download
> scheduler thing... but got to be careful that BSNL doesnt consider
> just the modem being powered-on to mean that "you're connected" then I
> would have to be awake to power it on/off 8-)
>
> It would be so cool if BSNL (and other ISPs) WOULD (but i bet they
> COULDN'T or wouldn't) just set a "checkpoint" (stop and start) their
> data-transfer meters at 2am and 8am so us customers would just need to
> schedule downloads at night and they know how much data you took
> during the NU time and how much from your regular quota 8-)

yeah the modem can remail ON all the time
they won't charge u for your modem bieng enabled

the have log in and log out time only and in between that time only
download and uploads are counted

have u not seen the details of your internet usage anytime

they do have a separator they simply enable all the connections and
don't charge any upload download during that time period or during
that day

i have used such type of things before

don't worry !!!

LDOM