Hello all,

First of all, sorry about sending this message on the PLUG list 'cuz it's
not related to Linux really. I have seen DataOne related querries on the
list before, so I thought I'll take a chance. Also, I don't know of any
general tech-related forums (if anyone knows, please let me know) where I
can ask this question.

I got the modem installed more than 2 weeks ago and after pestering BSNL,
got hold of the userid/pwd. Since then the link light on the modem has not
come on. When I switch on the modem, the link light flickers for a while and
goes off. It keeps doing this all the time. The line-checker guy checked the
phone line and says it's okay. After that, BSNL folks have been doing what
govt depts do best - sleep on the issue. Call them and they say 'udyaa
paathavato maaNus'. That 'maaNus' has not turned up for 10 days now!

Meanwhile, I'm wondering if any of you had the link problem and how it got
solved.

My questions are:

1. They installed the modem and connected to the PC using the USB cable. Is
any extra network setup required for the USB connection?

2. Has an RJ45 cable worked if USB didn't? I think there is some amount of
network setup required for this so I haven't tried this out myself.

3. Has anyone living in Bibvewadi or beyond (Chintamani nagar, Indira nagar
etc.) got DataOne connected successfully?

Please reply offline if you think this discussion should not be on the
forum.

Thanks in advance.
-Makarand

PS: I'm planning to send a stinker about my "wonderful" experience with
DataOne  to the BSNL gods sitting in Delhi!