<--  OSS development thrives because source code is available for peer
review. i dont know the rationale behind that comment in the kernel
source code but i am viewing whoever posted it as either humble enough
to know that his coding skills/knowledge is not greater than the
skill/knowledge of the whole thus his submission for their cumulative
expertise, or somebody who cares enough about the project that he is
reviewing other people's work. -->

hmm.. most likely....

<--   but all of that is just my assumption. just use what works for you. -->

still trying to figure that one out...

did I double posted? sorry for that... darn that reply-all button! ^_^